shinyms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
shinyms

Best private server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...

Go down 
+2
Hue
TylerDurden
6 posters

Basicly, do you agree?
Yes
New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Vote_lcap86%New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
No
New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Vote_lcap0%New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I really don't care..
New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Vote_lcap14%New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
TylerDurden

TylerDurden

New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Empty
PostSubject: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am

Okay, so I've been going through the forum and I've realized it's very inactive. I'm guessing there was a pre .62 ShinyMS that I wasn't in and it was pretty popular. The problem being, the forums don't seem to have been wiped clean of any of that "stuff". It's very messy and there are problems flooding the forum that are not relevant or are all old. I suggest maybe.. A mod, and I don't want to sound like an ass about it, go through some old topics and delete them. Or close the ones that are stupid. I'd personally do it, but I don't have the power. I think if the forum even LOOKED more recent and up to date, more people would participate in it.

I see some people are actually on, on rare occasion. And I just signed up as well, but I've been playing in game for a few days and I love the community. I think it has potential to be one of the great private servers out there. I see other .62 servers like ArberMS that have a MUCH larger community, but I've played it and their server sucks compared to ShinyMS. My point being that their forums just look better and are MUCH more active. And maybe we don't want a much larger community, but maybe just a more active one..

I also want to say that, if possible, I could clean up some of the forum looks. And again, I don't want to sound annoying, but I have OCD and some things on just the basic look of the topics and such I could change. Capitalization and things of that nature. I hope this is in the right section, there just wasn't really another place and it was a "idea and/or thought" so I hope a mod reads this or maybe someone agrees with me. Thanks you guys.

If you read all that. You're amazing. =] lol
Back to top Go down
Hue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:57 pm

LOL yeah I know =P ShinyMS will eventually upgrade to v62 When ready. But yeah Not very Active forumers
Back to top Go down
TylerDurden

TylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Hue, are you the main admin?

The website says Bob owns the server, but I have NO idea who that is, nor have I seen said "Bob" on the forum anywhere. So I don't know what's up xD

Isn't the server v.62 right now? I know that's how I'm playing... or are there like, 2 different ShinyMS's?

Also, what do you think about my cleaning up the forum idea? I think that's kinda a turn off for the people on the forum. If it was nice and clean, more people would, I think, consider being more active =]
Back to top Go down
Hue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Yeah its 2 Servers for now untill Bob's ready for me to shutdown and get my people to the v62 one. And I'll have to switch the Xtremetop100 website and Stuff.

I asked him yesterday and he said Nah not yet so yeah... Mine mostly online but temporaily
Just waitting for Boobie >.<
Back to top Go down
Steph

Steph

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 pm

I noticed the inactivity also.. its kinda sad... my type.. i look for a good community active people in game and forums not some server that no1 registers on forums just cause they want to play server... forums is the best part of the server and its what shapes the server and makes its good name for the community and there respectful people.
Back to top Go down
Candace

PostSubject: bob? like from boobMS?   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:23 pm

when are you gonna switch?
Back to top Go down
CheesyPoofs

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:24 pm

the forum really is dead

i remember playing on server that would always crash or would just be down... and there was nothing to do but go on the forums. almost everyone went on the forums but nowadays most forums i go on to are like the same 5 ppl all talking to eachother.
Back to top Go down
TylerDurden

TylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Quote :
Yeah its 2 Servers for now untill Bob's ready for me to shutdown and get my people to the v62 one. And I'll have to switch the Xtremetop100 website and Stuff.

I asked him yesterday and he said Nah not yet so yeah... Mine mostly online but temporaily
Just waitting for Boobie >.<

Ahh. I see Hue, that makes more sense now. So they are going to combine at some point for sure?

Alright, so will both servers combine into using just this forum? If that's the case it still needs to get cleaned haha.

Quote :
I noticed the inactivity also.. its kinda sad... my type.. i look for a good community active people in game and forums not some server that no1 registers on forums just cause they want to play server... forums is the best part of the server and its what shapes the server and makes its good name for the community and there respectful people.

Yeah, I love it when the forum is almost as fun as the game. And it's just not the case [yet I'd hope] right now.
Back to top Go down
Hue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Lol I wish I can edited up a bit and clean it up but =P No clue how My friend made this for me >.<
Back to top Go down
TylerDurden

TylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Really? Is it possible to make someone a mod so they can edit it? Or do I have to go to the application thread?

I just think I could maybe figure it out after enough messing with it.
Back to top Go down
pwned55

pwned55

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:06 pm

in reality anyone can figure it out if in runs on html code. i mean all it is is a bunch of <,> and / signs with the word of what you want it to do its not that difficult......and no i wont do it. while easy its too troublesome to read someone elses code
Back to top Go down
TylerDurden

TylerDurden

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:12 am

Haha. I like it actually.

I think it's fun to see other people's coding, maybe pick something up new, or realize you code better. Idk lol. But, yeah, it can't be that hard. I'm just wondering if he needs help. =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...   New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum, but I think it's a good idea...
Page 1 of 1